Thank you for considering IvyMax for your career. Our current openings are listed below. A pre-IPO, thriving enterprise, IvyMax offers competitive base salary, performance bonus, stock options, benefits, and career advancement opportunities for full-time employees. We at IvyMax value integrity, a passion for excellence, a drive for continuous improvements and innovation, and pragmatic execution. We are highly selective when it comes to hiring. We look forward to the possibilities of your becoming a part of our success and growth story.
How to Apply:
If interested and qualified, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (except for select positions below that may indicate special instructions) by writing a cover letter that includes a concise personal statement (at most 1 page) on why IvyMax is the right place for you and how you see yourself contributing to IvyMax in the short to long term. Provide specific examples or anecdotes. Include your aspirations or goals, experience, education, preference on locations, preference on subjects (if you’re a teacher), and availability. Attach your updated resume. (Principals only, no agencies, please.)
Director of Software/Online Engineering
The goal of this position is to lead developing new and innovative online products and services that help IvyMax scale, enhancing the IvyMax Online platform, and building the IvyMax Engineering team. This leadership position requires skills in hands-on coding, quality assurance, and cross-functional and cross-cultural management and operations. This position is based in Silicon Valley, California, and travels periodically to China and elsewhere.
- Develop and execute the technical roadmap to help IvyMax scale efficiently as the leading category player in the US and China.
- Lead architecting and developing new and innovative online products and services.
- Lead enhancing the functionalities and features of the existing IvyMax Online Intelligent Learning Program.
- Assist in technical support for consumer customers, channel partners, and internal staff.
- Write specifications, prioritize features, coordinate product schedules, write software code, write technical documentations, and provide quality assurance, precisely and timely.
- Foster bottom-up flow of ideas and initiatives while prioritizing, communicating, and driving the roadmap, in a cross-cultural, cross-functional, US-China environment.
- Build and scale a highly technical software engineering and technical support team based in China and the US.
- Facilitate communications throughout the development process between colleagues in engineering, in-center sales and customer service, marketing, and management, and help ensure all are working closely and collaboratively as one team.
- Execute pragmatically on assigned projects with crisp goals, timelines, and requirements.
- Results-oriented, intense passion for building web-based/online education products/services and a scalable infrastructure.
- Seasoned experience in C++, Java, relational database, and software-as-a-service.
- Track record in designing and delivering robust, scalable software infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, demonstrated skills in assessing requirements, organizing, prioritizing, and schedulng limited resources, and handling multiple projects in parallel.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage, and scale a technical software organization in China.
- Potentially an excellent coach in career development of strong technical engineers and (future) managers.
- Mobile software engineering experience a plus. Technical product management experience also a plus.
- At least 3 years of intense, on-the-ground, hands-on coding and leadership experience in the industry.
- At least a BS in Computer Science or equivalent at a highly reputable university or college. MS or PhD a plus.
- Please contact us at email@example.com by writing a cover letter that includes a concise personal statement (at most 1 page) on why IvyMax is the right place for you and how you see yourself contributing to IvyMax in the short to long term. Provide specific examples or anecdotes. Include your vision or perspectives and goals, experience, education, and availability. Attach your updated resume. (Principals only, no agencies, please.)
Teaching and College Counseling Positions
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Full time or part time, depending on our needs and your capabilities and availability
- Advanced degree or at least a Bachelor’s degree in pertinent fields from a top-tier university or college is required
- Prior seasoned teaching experience is a must for teachers.
- Prior seasoned college counseling experience is a must for college counselors. Senior counselor candidates must demonstrate distinctions.
- Candidates must love teaching or counseling and have a proven, special ability to inspire and guide students
- Full-time work includes teaching and may include curriculum development and admin tasks for teachers.
- All full-time employees enjoy healthcare benefits and stock options
- Starting pay rate will be commensurate with your prior experience, educational background, and capabilities
- Pay raises are given based on evaluations from students and from management
- Design market research format, gather insights on market demands and trends, analyze competitive landscape, and recommend marketing strategy and tactics;
- Help develop a market information system, maintain and update our database on the competition, and recommend strategic priorities based on market research and customer data and tools;
- Participate in budgeting and customer service, and prepare management reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- M.S. or B.S. in Management Science, Operations Research, Market Research, or related field required
- Fluency in market research and economics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese preferred
- Formulate methods and procedures to research and analyze economic, market, and financial conditions of the industry;
- Analyze financial and market information to help determine the company’s financial goals and budgets;
- Collect, analyze, and forecast purchase, inventory, labor, and financial data to help determine product/service costs of the company;
- Supervise cash management activities; help execute capital-raising strategy to support the company’s future expansion;
- Review cost/benefit report, evaluate and interpret financial and statistical data to forecast investment/reward and make investment suggestions to management;
- Collect and analyze customers’ business data, financial statements, business history, profitability, and market share for credit evaluation and control;
- Perform risk analysis, product marketing suggestions, and inventory control suggestions to management;
- Prepare financial reports and statements for management; and perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Organize and coordinate the flow of technical educational materials;
- Help manage in-center education services, including registration, facility planning, and overseas customer service functions;
- Coordinate college planning and college counseling services;
- Monitor and maintain academic database with emphasis on statistical enrollment analysis and functionality schematics.
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration or Education.